Pearson knows that you care how your personal information is used and we appreciate that you trust us to do that carefully and sensibly.
When we say "you" or "your", we mean teachers and students who use the Site, and also the parents and guardians of students who use the Site.
When we say "we", or "Pearson", we mean Pearson Education Limited.
When you register, use and access this Site, you are accepting and
behalf, or on behalf of your child (where relevant). Any changes to the policy
will be posted on this page and will apply to you if you continue to use the
Site. Please read this policy
carefully. If you do not agree to this policy and any changes to it, please do
not use the Site, and do not allow your child to use the Site.
This Site is hosted on servers in the EU and/or the US.
What information do we collect?
Your (or your child's) name, username, password and, where provided, email address, plus data about the pages you visit on this site and how each child progresses through the Site.We will sometimes collect a parent's email address from a child.
We do not ask children to disclose any more information than is reasonably necessary to enable them to participate in Our Discovery Island.
Upon request, we will provide a parent or guardian with a description of the information that may have been provided about them and their child during the registration process for this Site.
will not knowingly keep any personally identifiable information that is
inadvertently included in a child's help enquiry or other one-time request if
that child is under the age of 13.
How do we collect your Personal Information?
We collect your information in two ways:
1. Personal Information you disclose (or your child discloses) when you (or your child) register.
2. Website use information collected by us as you (or your child) interact with our Site.
period of time on your computer or mobile device) when you (or your child) visit
the Site. The cookie is sent to and stored on your computer containing a unique
session identifier. This identifier is used to record site usage statistics.
In a separate automatic operation the web server will collect your IP address and browser type. This information is used to: work out how many times this Site has been visited; and record which parts of the Site have been visited so we can improve the content and layout of the Site.
collected is stored on your computer and will automatically be deleted if you
do not revisit this Site for 90 days.
We may also use a persistent cookie that stores your login ID (but not your password) to make it easier for you to log in on any areas that require log-in. You can disable this convenience feature.
You can disable cookies in your web browser settings - in doing so you may experience some loss of functionality while accessing the Site.
What do we do with the information?
We hold this information so that we may remind you (or your children) of your (or their) unique username and password if these are forgotten.Parents, please note that if your child's teacher gives your child a class ID to use when your child registers, then the teacher will be able to monitor your child's progress on Our Discovery Island and will have access to your child's username and password.
We and our Group Companies may use your Personal Information to improve Our Discovery Island, for market research purposes and for statistical purposes.However we will never sell your Personal Information.
We may disclose and share Personal Information with the following third parties. This will include the transfer of your Personal Information to other countries around the world, including countries which do not have data protection laws which have the same safeguards as are available in the UK. We may disclose Personal Information:
1. to our Group Companies;
2. to third party suppliers who develop or host the Site;
3. to any company that acquires all or part of our business;
4. if we are required to do so by law;
5. anyone else with your consent.
We reserve the right to end the Site or any features of it or change any features on the Site at any time.
Data Protection Officer
190 High Holborn,
Or email us at UKDataProtection@pearson.com
* References to our Group Companies mean other Pearson Education group companies, which are under common control with Pearson Education Limited by Pearson Plc, including without limitation Edexcel Limited (and its subsidiaries), Fronter AS (and its subsidiaries), Pearson Assessment & Information GmbH, Pearson Education Inc, Pearson Education Deutschland GmbH, Pearson Education Schweiz AG, Pearson Educación S.A, Pearson Education France SAS, Pearson Education Benelux BV, Pearson Education Hellas SA, Pearson Italia SpA, Pearson Education Central Europe Sp Zoo, Pearson Education South Asia Ltd, Pearson Education Asia Ltd, Pearson Education Japan KK, Pearson Education Korea Ltd, Pearson Australia Group Pty Ltd, Pearson New Zealand Ltd, Pearson South Africa Pty Ltd, Longman Nigeria plc, Pearson Education de Mexico SA de CV, Pearson Education de Colombia Ltda, Pearson Education do Brazil Ltda.